Código de Vestimenta
Un código de vestimenta flexible y efectivo en costo se ha establecido en nuestra escuela para promover el éxito académico y al mismo tiempo reducir las distracciones y competencia. Si requiere asistencia para comprar uniformes, por favor llame a la escuela.
Si bien es posible que parte de la información a continuación no esté disponible en español en este momento, con gusto lo ayudaremos por teléfono si es posible. Por favor contáctenos para asistencia: (616) 785-2700
Por favor refiérase al Manual del Estudiante para la política completa del código de vestimenta.
Tops / General Guidelines
- Shirts should cap over the shoulder
- No tank tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, or halter tops are allowed
- Shirts must cover the stomach and back, so skin does not show when bending, sitting, or raising a hand in class
- No see-through or fishnet clothing is allowed
- “Gothic” clothing and dark, distracting make-up are not allowed
- Gym shirts may be required to help maintain appropriate personal hygiene standards
- Students must wear clothing of the appropriate size - Wearing excessively tight or oversized clothing is not permitted
- Wearing, carrying, or displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols is prohibited
- Clothing may not advertise alcohol, tobacco, or music groups
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted
- Hair color must be of natural tones
- Pants must have straight legs and be in good condition without holes or patches
- Pants should be belted at the waist line—no sagging
- Jean and khaki materials are the standard clothing for pants and shorts
- Spandex and sweat suit material clothing are not permitted
- Shorts, skirts, jumpers, etc. must be longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang straight at the student’s sides
Hats & Accessories
- Hats are not to be worn inside the school building
- Only ears may be pierced
MiscellaneousAll students are to wear appropriate clothing that is neat, clean, modest, and not distracting to others.
Students not adhering to the Walker Dress Code will be spoken to by their classroom teacher and asked to make the necessary changes to make sure the violation doesn’t persist. (Often an art shirt or other clothing item can be found to wear for the day so that instruction is not interrupted.)
Students continuing to break the dress code will be referred to the administration for appropriate disciplinary action as described in the Code of Conduct.
Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.