To reduce distraction and competition the school has a dress code. A simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increases academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the discretion of the principal and staff. Their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Students are required to abide by the following:
- All shirts must be a short- or long-sleeved polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact Image Builder’s toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243 or go to the school’s website for more information. Alternatively, a white polo may be purchased at a manufacturer of your choice.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue or black for grades K-5.
Grades 6-8 may wear slacks or dress pants that are navy blue, khaki, or black.
- Middle school students may also wear a short- or long-sleeved white dress shirt with a tie. A tie purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged.
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or closed toed sandals, must be worn. Shoe colors may vary. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
- Socks must be solid black, brown, white, or navy and worn with shoes.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or vests that are solid navy, gray, white, or black. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.) All jackets and outerwear must be placed in cubbies or lockers.
- Boots may be worn as outerwear during the winter and are highly encouraged not to be worn in the classroom due to getting damp in the rain or snow.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white, navy or gray and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A belt must be worn with all pants and shorts when appropriate . Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts. Due to developmental needs, young fives and kindergarten are not required to wear a belt.
- All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
All jackets and outerwear must be placed in cubbies or lockers
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Belts with rhinestones, silver rings, studs or designs. Plain only.
- Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e., Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or on the playgrounds.
- Pants and shorts must be navy blue or black for grades K-5. Grades 6-8 may wear navy, khaki, or black bottoms. They may not have stripes. Denim materials are not permitted.
- Shorts must be knee-length or longer.
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts, and skorts must be navy blue or black for grades K-5.
Grades 6-8 may wear navy, Black or khaki bottoms. Denim material is not permitted.
- Bottoms must be knee-length.
- For girls in grades K–5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6–8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches. Only ears may be pierced. Earrings may not exceed one (1) inch.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.