To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school. Students who come to school without proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, neatness of dress, or compliance to dress code, shall be sent home to be properly prepared for school or shall be required to prepare himself/herself for the school classroom before entering.
Shirts must be solid-colored (navy blue, powder blue, cherry red, black, or white), must have a flip-over collar, and must be short- or long-sleeved (includes polo shirts, mock turtlenecks,button-down shirts, and blouses). T-shirts and pajama tops are not permitted.
- Shirts must be tucked into bottoms at all times and must be long enough to stay tucked in while the student is sitting or raising his/her hand. Tops and blouses must not be provocative.
- Sweaters or sweatshirts may only be worn over an acceptable dress code shirt; they may not replace the uniform shirt. Sweaters and sweatshirts must be solid-colored and may not contain any logos larger than a business card. Sweaters and sweatshirts may not have hoods.
- Pants must be solid-colored (khaki, navy blue, or black). Jeans are not permitted. Khaki, navy blue, and black moderate flare pants and capri pants are acceptable. Examples of unacceptable pants are the following: nylon (wind suit) pants, zip off pants, sweat pants, pajama bottoms, and baggy pants. Pants should be free of holes and logos. Pants are to be worn at the waist and fastened with a belt at all times. Only students in kindergarten and first grade may wear sweatpants of the appropriate dress code color.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be solid-colored (khaki, navy blue, or black). These items may be no shorter than three inches above the knees. Girls are advised to wear modest shorts of dress code color under skirts, jumpers, and dresses to maintain their modesty while playing on the playground.
- Shoes must be clean and in good repair. They may not have distracting brand names, lights, music, etc. Platform shoes, slippers, and flip-flops are not permitted. Sandals must have ankle straps. Heels over one inch are not permitted.
- Heelies or other roller footwear are not permitted.
- Boots may be worn as outdoor footwear only.
- Fashion boots or other boots designed for indoor wear are not permitted.
- Socks must be worn when appropriate and must be solid-colored. Tights must be solid colored (white or dress code color).
- Hats, hoods, and headgear may be worn as outdoor attire only. Bandanas and wave caps are not permitted at any time.
- A modest number of earrings, finger rings, and simple necklaces are permitted.
- Body jewelry is not permitted.
- Chains that are attached to clothing or wallets are not permitted.
- Clips that are designed to be worn in one’s hair must stay in his/her hair at all times.
- Hair must be tied back upon request when necessary for safety. Cut, tinted, or dyed hair must not be distracting and must be consistent with the intent of the dress code.
- Students may not bring makeup to school.
- Students may not bring spray perfume, spray cologne or spray deodorant to school.