To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school. Students who come to school without proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, neatness of dress, or compliance to dress code, shall be sent home to be properly prepared for school or shall be required to prepare himself/herself for the school classroom before entering.
- Shirts must be solid-colored (navy blue, black or white), must have a flip-over collar, and must be short-or long-sleeved
(includes polo shirts, mock turtlenecks, button-down shirts, and blouses). T-shirts and pajama tops are not permitted.
- Shirts must be tucked into bottoms at all times and must be
long enough to stay tucked in while the student is sitting or raising his/her
hand. Tops and blouses must not be provocative.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, and fleeces may only be worn over an
acceptable dress code shirt; they may not replace the uniform shirt. Sweaters, sweatshirts,
and fleeces must be solid-colored and may not contain any logos larger than a
business card. Sweaters and sweatshirts
may not have hoods. Jackets and coats may be worn as outdoor apparel only.
- Pants must be solid-colored (khaki, navy blue or
black). Jeans are not permitted. Khaki, navy blue and black, moderate flare
pants and capri pants are acceptable.
Examples of unacceptable pants are the following: nylon (wind suit)
pants, zip off pants, sweat pants, pajama bottoms, and baggy pants. Pants should be free of holes and logos. Pants
are to be worn at the waist. Only students in kindergarten and first grade may
wear sweatpants of the appropriate dress code color.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be solid-colored (khaki,
navy blue or black). These items may be
no shorter than three inches above the knees.
Girls are advised to wear modest shorts of dress code color under
skirts, jumpers, and dresses to maintain their modesty while playing on the playground.
- Platform shoes, slippers, and flip-flops are not
permitted. Sandals with ankle straps,
athletic shoes, dress or casual shoes, with heels over one inch are permitted.
- Fashion boots or other boots designed for indoor wear are
not permitted. Boots may be worn as outdoor footwear only. Heelies or other
roller footwear are not permitted.
- Socks must be worn when appropriate. Tights must be solid-colored (white or dress
- Scarfs, hats, hoods, and headgear may be worn as outdoor
attire only. Bandanas, scarfs and wave caps
are not permitted indoors at any time.
- A modest number of earrings, finger rings, and simple
necklaces are permitted. Body jewelry is
not permitted. Chains that are attached
to clothing or wallets are not permitted.
- Clips that are designed to be worn in one’s hair must stay
in his/her hair at all times.
- Hair must be tied back upon request when necessary for
safety. Cut, tinted, or dyed hair must
not be distracting and must be consistent with the intent of the dress code.
- Students may not bring makeup, perfume, cologne, or spray deodorant