Principal Christine Welc has a passion for helping her students and staff grow. “I’m motivated everyday by supporting Paramount’s staff of incredible teachers. Plus, it is seeing children grow to their full potential that first drew me to the field of education. As the British poet E.V. Rieu so eloquently wrote, ‘Like wildflowers; You must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never could.’”
When we look for principals and teaching staff to join the National Heritage Academies’ family, we’re always searching for people who are passionate about seeing students face obstacles and achieve personal growth. That’s why it makes perfect sense to have Principal Welc on board. Her wish is that “every child could receive a quality education and develop strong moral character to succeed in life.” She’s a perfect fit!
A little bit about Principal Welc:
• She graduated with a bachelor’s from Wayne State University and a master’s from Saginaw Valley State University.
• Her favorite moral focus virtue is Respect because it is a foundational and “important characteristic for students to learn.”
• In her free time, Principal Welc enjoys camping. She also likes to watch the Detroit Tigers and women’s NCAA softball.
• Her favorite season is Fall and she loves the color yellow.
• She’s very excited to bring her years of experience in education to her role at Paramount Charter Academy in Kalamazoo, Michigan.