To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Shirts must be a short or long sleeve bright green, navy, or white polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
Slacks or dress pants must be khaki or navy blue. (No cargo pants.)
Students may also wear a long or short sleeve white dress shirt with a tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged.
Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, dress boots worn underneath pants, or tennis shoes must be worn. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or
strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
Socks should be conservative colors and must be worn at all times with shoes.
Cold weather attire may include sweaters, gym uniform sweatshirts or vests that are solid navy, black, white or gray. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.).
Snow/rain boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white, navy, gray or black and solid in color (no words) and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
Belts must be worn with belt loops. Conservative colors only such as: navy, black, brown, tan, white, gray. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts. No ornamental buckles or studs. Due to developmental needs, kindergarten-2nd grade students are not required to wear a belt.
All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
Gym uniforms must consist of gray t-shirts and navy track pants. We encourage you to purchase these uniforms through Image Builders.
NSCA Spirit Wear and college shirts are permitted on Jean Day. We encourage you to purchase Spirit Wear shirts through Image Builders.
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- No belts with designs. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted (e.g. Mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.).
- Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or in the playgrounds.
- Make up
- Pants and shorts must be both navy blue, khaki and conservative. They may not have carpenter loops, or stripes. Corduroy or denim materials are not permitted.
- Pants, shorts, jumpers, skirts and skorts must be navy blue or khaki.
- Bottoms must be at 2” above the knee or longer.
- Tights or leggings must be navy, white, black or gray and solid in color.
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion). Only ears may be pierced.
- Nail length and color are permitted at principal’s discretion.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.