Well, families, it’s that time of the year again and school will be starting soon! For parents and guardians, it can be an overwhelming process but here are a few tips to stay ahead of the game…
1. Update your email address and phone number with the school – our school communicates via email and school messenger…don’t miss out on important updates about your scholar and important announcements!
2. Place the school year calendar on your fridge or in a common area within your home – important dates are sometimes hard to remember, this will give you time to plan
3. Visit the school webpage at least weekly before the first day – school supply lists and other information are already on the school website.
4. Ask questions – if you don’t know, ask! Plan to attend forms night, open house, and other school year start up events to meet the teachers and ensure all of your information is updated; if you need assistance, this is a great way to express anything you may need.
5. Review the handbook – know what is expected and give yourself time to ask those important questions…this will allow you and your scholar to get off to a great start!
6. Get your online parent code – report cards, parent information, and other items will be posted on the parent page for you to access. Again, be sure the school knows your needs as well as you are prepared to access information at any time.
7. Communicate with the teacher – in many cases, our teachers will reach out to incoming students prior to the start of the school year. If you have not heard from your scholar’s teacher, find out from the office how to access communication with them.
8. Be involved – don’t be afraid to visit the classroom or ask for updates! You can even ask for extra material your scholar can do at home to be sure they are hitting their academic goals.
These tips will enable you to stay on top of your scholar’s academic progress and success before and during the school year! We can't wait to see you!