Food Services During School Closure
Learning does not end when school lets out, and neither does the need for good nutrition!
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens ages 0-18 at many locations across the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.
Milwaukee Scholars Charter School will be one of the sites offering to go summer meals through July. Meals will be available for pickup Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
To find additional meal sites near you, text “Food” to 877-877 or call 1-866-453-FOOD (3663) or visit summerfoodrocks.org. This online resource shows maps of summer food sites across the state, serving times, and local contact information.
- Contact your school leader for specifics on the food pick up location on your school’s campus.
- Families may pick up meals from our school between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, while supplies last. Please know, we will provide food for weekend days at that time.
Families will be allowed to pick up items and take them home for student consumption. Students do not need to be present in order for parents to receive their child(s) meals. Families are not allowed to enter the school building beyond the main lobby.
Please see our non-discrimination information below.
Food distribution will be provided for families of enrolled students at the school as well as students ages 0-18 in the community.
- Milwaukee Scholars Charter School will offer up to two meals per day for every child.
- Milwaukee Scholars Charter School will provide meals for up to three days for households at one time.
- Children do not have to be present with their parents for food pick up.
- Families will not be allowed to enter the building past the established pick-up location.
Breakfast meals will be a shelf-stable product, such as cereal, and lunch meals will be frozen, similar to in-school lunches. Click here for reheating instructions. Shelf-stable lunch meals will be provided when the product is available.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT)
Wisconsin has gained federal approval of a program that will provide nutritious food to children who were affected by school closings due to COVID-19.
P-EBT provides temporary funding to address emergency food needs and avert financial hardship for families affected by the pandemic.
- Those already receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits will see benefits added to their card.
- Families can use your pre-loaded EBT card at any retailer that accepts SNAP EBT benefits. Visit the SNAP Retailers website for a list of retailers.
Families will see a combined benefit for March and April of $176.70 per eligible student. Additionally, the combined benefit for May and June will be $148.20 per eligible student. Benefits will be put on a QUEST card or P-EBT card and will expire in one year.
Please know, we have all data on file and there is no need to submit a new application at this time.
For more information on the P-EBT program, visit dhs.wisconsin.gov. If you have any questions, please call QUEST Card Customer Service at 1-877-415-5164.