To enable students to reach high academic standards, we've put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Students must wear solid navy blue or light blue polo style shirts
.Shirts must be tucked into bottoms at all times.
- For boys and girls, pants and shorts must be khaki or navy
blue. Pants must be straight legged with
no excess/cargo type pockets. Patch
style pockets are permitted. Denim in
any form, bell-bottoms, cargo, nylon (wind suit), zip off (lower leg detaches
from the pants), or any baggy pants are not permitted.
- For girls, skirts, skorts, shorts, dresses and jumpers must
be khaki or navy blue. They must also be
either longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or
no more than three inches above the knees. Shorts must fit like uniform pants
(not tighter). Shorts and Capri pants are permitted only as weather allows;
students are required to participate in recess and outdoor activities and are
not permitted to remain indoors in cooler weather if they have worn shorts or Capri’s. As playground equipment is above ground
level, girls should wear some type of modest shorts under all skirts, jumpers
- Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt
loops. Belts should be brown, navy blue,
or black; metal studs, beads, braids, large buckles, etc. are not
permitted. Kindergarten students are not
required to wear belts.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or
fleeces that are solid blue without hoods.
Sweatshirts, coats, outwear, etc. are not permitted in place of
- Long sleeve shirts under solid navy blue shirts with flip-over
collars must be white or navy blue.
- Students must wear brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes
(loafer type or casual dress),or athletic shoes. Shoes with wheels are not permitted. Athletic
shoes must be worn or brought to school for use in gym. Boots are permitted only as outerwear.
- White or navy socks (or tights for girls) must be worn. Tights should be white or navy.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted, except for school
sponsored special occasions.
- Extreme hairstyles, at the discretion of the principal, are
not permitted. Hair color must be of natural
tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked. Hair must be off the face for girls and off
the collar and face for boys.
- Only ears may be pierced.
Earrings must be studs; no hoop earrings are permitted. Boys, no earrings. Wristwatches are permitted. No other jewelry of any kind may be worn to
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names,
signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.