A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Solid navy-blue polo
6-8Solid light blue polo
Add'lLong sleeve shirts under solid navy blue shirts with flip-over collars must be white or navy blue.
Shirts must be tucked into bottoms at all times.
- Pants and shorts must be khaki tan Dickie style pants
- Pants must be straight legged with no excess/cargo type pockets
- Patch style pockets are permitted
- Denim in any form, bell-bottoms, cargo, nylon (wind suit), zip off (lower leg detaches from the pants), or any baggy pants are not permitted
- K-5 girls: skirts, skorts, shorts, dresses and jumpers must be khaki tan
- Bottoms must also be either longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knee
- As playground equipment is above ground level, girls should wear some type of modest shorts under all skirts, jumpers or dresses
Add'lShorts must fit like uniform pants (not tighter).
Shorts and capri pants are permitted only as weather allows; students are required to participate in recess and outdoor activities and are not permitted to remain indoors in cooler weather if they have worn shorts or capris.
Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops (grades 1-8).
Leggings or jeggings are not permitted.
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme hairstyles, at the discretion of the principal, are not permitted
- Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked
- Hair must be off the face for girls and off the collar and face for boys
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code.
Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Hats of any kind are not permitted, except for school sponsored special occasions
- Belts should be brown, navy blue, or black (metal studs, beads, braids, large buckles, etc. are not permitted)
- Students must wear brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes (loafer type or casual dress), or athletic shoes
- Shoes with wheels are not permitted
- Athletic shoes must be worn or brought to school for use in gym
- Boots are permitted only as outerwear
- White or navy socks (or tights for girls) must be worn
- Only ears may be pierced (girls only) - must be studs; no hoop earrings are permitted
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings
- Wristwatches are permitted - No other jewelry of any kind may be worn to school
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or fleeces that are solid blue without hoods
- Sweatshirts, coats, outwear, etc. are not permitted in place of sweaters/fleeces
- Backpacks, purses are not allowed to be worn during school
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited