Código de Vestimenta
Nuestro código de vestimenta es flexible, asequible y está diseñado para fomentar el éxito. Con menos distracciones y competencia, nuestros estudiantes pueden concentrarse mejor en la escuela. Si necesita ayuda para pagar los uniformes, llámenos a la oficina principal para hablar sobre las opciones.Comprar uniformes
ColorsK-5: Bright green* (preferred - see below) or white
6-8: White with custom blue/green tie* (cross-tie for girls, straight tie for boys)
TypeK-5: Short or long-sleeved polo
6-8: Buttoned shirts or blouses
Cold WeatherApproved indoor attire may include light jackets, fleece jackets, sweaters or vests that are solid navy in color and are free of any designs or writing.
Small manufacturer logos that are 2 inches or less in diameter are approved.
Add’lShirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
*Bright green polos and custom blue/green ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
StyleConservative dress or chino‐style pants (slacks), shorts, skorts, skirts, or jumpers
Add’lA solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts, if those pants or shorts have belt loops. (Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.)
Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
Students must wear white or navy “playground shorts” under any jumper or skirt.
Tights or leggings must be solid white or navy.
Not AllowedCarpenter loops, stripes, cargo pants with outside pockets, or decorative embroidery.
Denim/blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, or corduroy.
Hair & Hygiene
- Students’ hair must be kept neat and clean and should not obstruct their vision during class.
- Headbands and bows are allowed but must be solid black, navy blue, bright green, or white.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedTattoos or writing on skin.
Makeup or "fake" nails.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Closed-toed, and close-backed, shoes must be worn at all times
- Sneakers, loafers, dress shoes and leather boat shoes may be worn as long as they do not blink, light up, make noise, include any built-in toys or games, or have any wheels or slides built in
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch
- For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches
- All shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped, as designed)
- Athletic shoes, with non-marking soles, are to be worn for P.E. class
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy or white and worn with shoes
- Outerwear such as winter, rain or heavy jackets, hats, mittens, scarves, and rain or snow boots should be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion)
Not AllowedHats of any kind, unless they are cold weather hats, which may be worn outside only.
No hooded sweatshirts are permitted indoors.
Dark glasses, any distracting jewelry, or piercings in areas other than ears.
Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs - Plain only.
House slippers, flip flops, and symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok) are not permitted on school grounds.
Boots should not be worn in school.
MiscellaneousUniform Information Packet 2018-19
All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.
Not AllowedOverly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
The Johnston Charter Academy middle school PE uniform is to be worn in place of the regular uniform on days our middle school students have PE.
Johnston Charter Academy is excited to partner with a local National Heritage Academies partner school parent that is providing spirit wear/uniform hair accessories that are JCA approved and designed specifically for our students.
Spirit Wear Store
Spirit Wear Hair Accessories
Spirit Wear orders take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
Spirit wear is not accepted in place of the Board approved 6th-8th grade PE uniform (above).
If you have any questions about Spirit Wear, please contact MaryLib@edgepromoteam.com.
Long or short-sleeved bright green or white polo
Navy with plain belt
Skirts, jumpers, etc. optional for girls*
*See Uniform Packet for details
Long or short-sleeved white dress shirt
Navy with plain belt
Skirts, jumpers, etc. are optional for girls*
*See Uniform Packet for details
Middle school students are required to wear a custom navy and bright green striped tie with a white dress shirt.
Approved indoor attire may include light jackets, fleece jackets, sweaters or vests that are solid navy in color and are free of any designs or writing.