Alan Harper — Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education—Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Master’s Degree in educational leadership — Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Master’s Degree in education/curriculum and instruction—University of Phoenix
Previous education experience and number of years in the field:
Mr. Harper brings 34 years of educational experience to this role. He previously served as a principal of Stambaugh Charter Academy, an NHA sister school in Youngstown, Ohio. Prior to his time with NHA, Mr. Harper served as principal of three schools ranging from elementary to middle school.
Why did you choose education as a profession?
My desire to teach, coach, mentor, and have a positive impact on the lives of children lead me to this role. There were many people in my past who sacrificed their time and knowledge to support my growth; I feel my role as a teacher and principal also serves to repay that.”
In his free time, Principal Harper loves to spend time with his daughter and grandchildren.
Amy Pogorzelski - Dean
Jessica Dennings — Academic Intervention Coach
- Bachelor’s degree in education - Central Michigan University
- Master’s degree in teaching curriculum - Michigan State University
Ms. Dennings brings more than four years of experience to Grand River Academy, all with NHA sister school Windemere Park Charter Academy. She is thrilled to become a part of the Grand River Academy family and welcome students in September.
Susan Crist — Upper Elementary Dean
- Bachelor’s degree in history/academic study of religious and secondary education - Adrian College
- K-12 reading specialist, elementary endorsement - Eastern Michigan University
- Master’s degree in administration with a specialty in educational leadership - Madonna University
Ms. Kobylarz brings 20 years of educational experience to her role, including the past 14 years with NHA! She has served as a teacher, dean, and interim principal. Ms. Kobylarz is excited to welcome new NHA families to Grand River Academy.
Joni McCarthy — Registrar
William Tyndale College
Joni looks forward to being a part of a team atmosphere committed to seeing each child succeed and helping new parents understand the vision and passion of NHA schools.
Tracy Schlotta — Office Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree, secondary education - Central Michigan University
Tracy is excited to be working with new students to help Grand River Academy be a successful school.