To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has established a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the dress code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
Click here to view the 2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Students are required to abide by the following:
- All shirts must be a short- or long-sleeve bright green polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information. Alternatively, a short- or long-sleeve light gray polo may be purchased at a manufacturer of your choice.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Middle school students may also wear a long- or short-sleeve white dress shirt with a navy/bright green tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged.
- Conservative loafer style or dress shoes must be worn. Shoe colors may be navy, black or brown. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class only.
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy or white and worn with shoes
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or vests that are solid navy, burgundy, gray, black or white. Sweatshirts are not allowed. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.)
- Jackets are removed and hung in the classroom or assigned locker on arrival.
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A plain solid black, navy blue, or brown belt with plain buckle must be worn with all pants and shorts.
- All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind are not allowed to be worn during school hours.
- Sweatshirts, including hooded sweatshirts.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, Mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited. 39
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or in the playgrounds.
- Makeup or “fake” nails.
Pants and shorts must be both navy blue and conservative. They may not have carpenter loops, or stripes. Corduroy or denim materials are not permitted.
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts and skorts must be navy blue.
- Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- Tights must be solid white or navy.
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion). Only ears may be pierced.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.