James and the Giant Peach - The Musical
Musical Rehearsal Information
- Mondays from 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. or 3:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Expect at least two rehearsals a week. If we have no school on Monday, the practice will be on Friday from 3:40 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Students are required to attend longer rehearsals Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- One Friday evening performance
- Two Saturday performances
- Dates are TBD
- If a student is absent for three rehearsals where attendance is required, they will be asked to step down from their role and will not be able to continue being a part of the musical.
- Three strikes and you're out.
- If a student is struggling with behaviors and not following musical expectations, they will not be able to continue being in the musical.
- $30 per student
- This helps pay for costumes, sets, props, etc.
*This is a musical we were unable to do due to Covid. If you were previously cast in the production, this does not mean you will get the same part. We will choose the individual that best fits the role.
Auditions will occur the week before Thanksgiving Break.
- Please fill out an audition form and turn it into the music teacher.
- Have a monologue (one person scene), or page from a book prepared.
- Does not have to be memorized.
- We want to see and hear character, expression, and clarity.
- Choose one song from the "Audition Music & Tracks" below to sing.
- Choose the one that best fits your voice.
- You will need to be able to sing the track without the vocals.
- Use the non-vocal track to practice.
- You will be asked to cold read (read a part of the musical with the directors as different characters).
Audition Music & Tracks
Are You Interested In Helping Out?
We are looking for parent volunteers and crew members!
- Individuals who help backstage: props, costume, sets, stage hands, sound, lights, etc.
- Must fill out a form and have a teacher fill out a recommendation.
- Start attending rehearsals when we get closer to the musical.
- Head Crew Members will start sooner than other crew members.
- Need to be very independent workers, be able to take charge and maintain their behavior.
- A lot of their work will come when we are rehearsing on the actual stage (Sound, Lights, etc.).
*If you would like to make and/or find props or costumes, you do not need a recommendation but must fill out a crew interest form.