To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion and their decision is final.
2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
Click here to view the 2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Students must wear bright green, gray, or white shirts with collars (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit). Shirts must be tucked in. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information. Logos on shirts may be no larger than 1 square inch.
- Brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes (loafer type or casual dress) must be worn. Soles of shoes must be black, brown or burgundy. Winter Boots are permitted only as outerwear. Heels on shoes must be no higher than two inches. Platform shoes or open-back shoes (e.g., clogs) are not permitted. Shoelaces must be tied.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored navy, black, white, brown, tan, burgundy, gray, red, dark green sweaters, fleece or vests. No sweatshirts are permitted in the classrooms. A collared shirt must be worn under sweaters and vests. Logos on sweaters may be no larger than 1 square inch.
- Hats and head scarves may not be worn inside the building. This provision does not apply to head coverings worn for religious reasons if the student applies for and receives approval from the school administration to wear such head coverings.
- Extreme hairstyles and colored faux hair are not permitted. Hair sculpting, extreme hair accessories (feathers, etc.) and Mohawks are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones. For boys, hair must be off the collar.
- Sweatpants, wide-leg pants, carpenter pants, cargo pants with multiple large pockets, and drawstring pants are not permitted. No denim or jean material is permitted. No sagging pants, yoga pants, athletic pants or low riser pants are permitted. Belts must be worn with pants that have belt loops.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Pants, skirts, shorts, etc. must be worn at the waist.
- No sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or muscle shirts are permitted.
- No tattoos are permitted.
- Clothing wrapped around the waist is not permitted.
- No ripped or torn clothing is permitted.
- No bare midriffs are permitted.
- Pants and shorts must be navy or dark blue.
- Socks must be worn at all times. Socks can be white, tan, brown, black, or navy.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Skirts, skorts, jumpers, and Capri pants must be navy or dark blue and must be longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- Navy dresses must have a white collared shirt underneath.
- White, gray, brown, black, tan, or navy socks or full-length tights must be worn. No leggings are permitted. Designs on tights and socks are not permitted.
- No more than two earrings per ear are permitted. Earring length must be reasonable and may not touch the shoulders. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.
- Middle school students are subject to the above dress code rules and standards set forth above with the exception of the color of clothing. Middle school colors include:
- Hunter green, bright green, or gray collared shirts with khaki pants.
- Students may wear long or short sleeve t-shirts that are solid black, white or gray under a hunter green shirt for warmth.
- Socks, tights and stockings may be black, navy, white or brown.
Casual Dress Day
On Casual Dress Day, the following rules apply:
- Shirts must have sleeves.
- No clothing (including hats, shoes, and accessories) containing inappropriate words or pictures (e.g., items that depict sex, violence, gore, drugs, alcohol, or weapons).
- No ripped clothing is permitted.
- No bare midriffs are permitted.
- No flip-flops are permitted.
- No pajamas are permitted.