A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
ColorsBright green* (preferred - see below) or white
TypeShort or long-sleeved polo
Cold WeatherUniform style solid color, navy sweaters or vests may be worn over uniform shirts.
Sweaters must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.) and must fall at the waist.
Add’lMiddle School students can also wear a long or short-sleeve white dress shirt with a navy/bright green custom tie*.
Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
*Bright green polos and custom navy/bright green ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
TypeBoys: Conservative pants or shorts
Girls: Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts or skorts
Add’lBottoms must be no less than two inches above the top of the knees.
A solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts.
Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
Not AllowedPants with carpenter loops or stripes.
Denim/blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery.
Hair & Hygiene
Boys hairstyles must be conservative with hair cut above the collar and above the eyebrows.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, Mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.).
Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, or tennis shoes must be worn
- Shoes must be closed-toed and closed-heeled
- Shoe colors may be navy, gray, black or brown
- Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes)
- Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class
- Girls: Heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy or white and worn with shoes
- Girls: Tights must be solid white or navy
- Only natural nails are permitted
Not AllowedHats of any kind or boots.
Tattoos or writing on skin, makeup, or "fake" nails.
Any distracting jewelry.
Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs. Plain only.
Shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok).
Uniform Information Packet 2017-18
PE Uniforms & Spirit Wear
- PE uniform information and order site can be found by clicking on the link below.
- Orders can be placed between July 25th and August 8th.
- Scholars will need to wear both the shirt/sweatshirt and shorts/sweatpants to be considered in PE uniform.
- PE uniforms may be worn all day on PE days.
Also available on the site is an adjustable navy belt with a magnetic closure, which is perfect for young children who may have difficulty with a belt buckle.
The site requests the teacher's name, which you may not know yet. Please just include the grade level for now.
Not AllowedWearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership.
Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.