Children's Book Week 2020Amber Brandt
Articles by Amber
Published: Nov 16, 2020
Published: Oct 19, 2020
Published: Oct 04, 2020
Published: Sep 15, 2020
Did you know Children’s Book Week is the longest-running national literacy initiative in the United States? It is not only a celebration of reading, but of creating connections. Children’s Book Week is an opportunity for kids and adults to come together and celebrate the books, authors, and illustrators they enjoy. It’s also a great excuse to curl up in a cozy corner to read.
Each year, schools, libraries, and bookstores hold special events nationwide – but 2020 is extra special. Like every other public celebration, Children’s Book Week has adjusted to be easily celebrated at home.
The theme for 2020 is Read. Dream. Share. Here are a few ideas to observe the week at home:
- Dress up like your favorite book characters and act out a scene together.
- Check out our local library online to see how they’re celebrating and join.
- Have a ZOOM call every night this week with another family and take turns reading a book aloud together before bed.
- Draw a picture or make a craft that corresponds with a favorite book or scene.
- Complete MadLibs together as a family
- Challenge yourself to mark as many types of books off this list as possible.
- Explore items from the list below: