To enable students to reach high academic standards, we've put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord
with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and
neat when at school.
Shoes that are solid brown, black, or tan must be worn
(loafers, casual dress, or athletic). Boots are permitted only as outerwear.
Sandals, flip flops, and slippers are not permitted.
All skirts and dresses must be longer than the
student’s fingertips when the student’s arms hang at the sides or no more than
three inches above the knees.
Solid colored belts must be worn with pants, skirts
and shorts that have belt loops.
Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must
be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked.
Feathers, headbands with large flowers or bows, Mohawks, spiked hair, or
designs shaved or cut into hair are not permitted.
Hats and other headwear are not permitted in the
building. Hooded clothing is prohibited.
- White, red, or navy blue shirts with collars
(including mock turtleneck, long or short sleeves, cotton or knit) must be
worn. Only black, white, gray, or blue short-sleeved t-shirts may be worn
underneath the uniform shirt. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- All bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, capri pants,
skorts, jumpers) must be navy or dark blue. Stretch pants or sweat pants are
- Navy, brown, black, gray, or white socks (or tights
for girls) must be worn. Tights must be solid color only.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored
sweaters, hoodless sweatshirts, or vests that are navy blue, white, beige, tan,
red, or dark green.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being well
groomed and off the collar. Designs cut into the hair, such as stars, lightning
bolts and other symbols are not permitted.
- Post earrings are permitted. Hoop or hanging earrings
are not permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Body
piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Makeup is not permitted.
- All bottoms (pants, shorts, skorts, capris, jumpers) must be khaki, tan, or beige.
- Pants are not to go below the waistline or be rolled up the leg
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers may be no higher than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Shirt/Blouse -must be navy blue, red, or white with a collar that can be seen with or without cold weather attire. Only black, white, gray, or blue short-sleeved t-shirts may be worn underneath the uniform shirt. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. No lettering of any kind is allowed on shirts with the exception of Vista Charter Academy.
- Socks must be black, gray, white, brown, or navy and must be visible above the top of the shoe.
- A sweater or vest is permitted for cold weather attire. The sweater or vest must be navy blue, tan, white, green, or gray and be a solid color.
- Accessories: Post earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced. Necklaces and watches may be worn. Thick chains, medallions, dog tags, or designed belt buckles are not permitted.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed or streaked. Mohawks, spiked hair, or designs shaved or cut into hair are not permitted.
Click on the links below to view uniform images for Vista's Dress Code:
Dress Code 2012 Middle School.pdf
Dress Code 2012-Shoes.pdf