Dayton, Huber Heights, Fairborn, and Mad River School Districts provide transportation for our students. Please contact the Pathway School of Discovery office for more information: 937-235-5498.
Because we have busing from several districts, there are times when your district's buses may have a different closing or delay than Pathway. Here is what you need to know if this happens:
- Pathway's closing or delay schedule is what you should follow even if your home district buses are on a different schedule.
- Your home district buses do not follow Pathway's closing or delay schedule, they follow their own district's schedule.
- Early Dismissals: If your home district dismisses early but Pathway does not, home district buses will run at the early release time. If you would like your child to go home on the early bus, you must complete the Early Dismissal Bus Release form below. Otherwise, students will be kept at Pathway for pick up by a parent at 3:05pm.
Below is a link to additional FAQs concerning delays and closings as well as the Early Dismissal Bus Release form.
Early Dismissal Bus Release Form
School Snow Days and Closures FAQ's
Dayton Buses - Late and Uncovered Routes After School
As you know, our busing service is in cooperation with Dayton Public Schools. Please know that we are in communication with Dayton Public Schools Transportation to address any concerns regarding late and uncovered routes after school. However, that does not mean that there will never be a late bus or uncovered route. Therefore, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Dayton Public Schools has a 30 minute window from dismissal time for the bus to arrive at Pathway. If a bus arrives within this 30 minute window, they are not considered late.
- If a bus has not arrived within the 30 minute window, Pathway will send out an automatic phone message to parents of those students impacted by the late bus.
- Upon receiving the message, if you would like to pick up your child, you must notify the office by 4 p.m. that you intend to pick your child up, and you must pick your child up before 4:30 p.m. (If you are unable to notify the school before 4 p.m. and/or are unable to pick your child up before 4:30 p.m., please plan for your child to ride the bus home.)
- If the bus arrives before 4:30 p.m., students whose parents have called the school to say they will pick up their child will be kept at the school. All other students will be placed on the bus.
- If the bus arrives after 4:30 p.m., all remaining students will be put on the bus.
Although we hope a bus is never late, we realize it might happen. By implementing these procedures, we will be able to have some structure for you and your child during these instances.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the school office.
Transportation Department Contact Information
Huber Heights: 937-237-6385
Mad River: 937-237-4280