To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
White, light blue, or navy shirts with collars must be worn (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit).
Students may wear either khaki or navy blue bottoms.
- Shoes: Students may wear shoes of their choice. They must be closed toe shoes. Winter boots are not allowed to be worn during the school day. Shoes are not to be higher than the ankle. (Croc style, sandals, flip flops, slipper-style shoes and wheelies are NOT permitted)
- Cold weather attire may include any solid-colored sweater. Sweaters may not have hoods.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones.
- Sweatpants and pants with elastic at the ankles are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Navy/dark blue or khaki/tan pants or shorts must be worn. Belts must be worn with pants that have belt loops.
- All shirts must be tucked into pants or shorts.
- Socks must be worn.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Navy/dark blue or khaki/tan pants, skirts, skorts, or jumpers must be worn. All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knees.
- All shirts and blouses must be tucked into bottoms. Shirts or blouses that expose the student’s back are not permitted.
Socks or tights must be worn at all times.
A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
Excessive makeup is not permitted.