To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Students must wear solid-colored, collared shirts. Shirts must be polos, oxfords/button-downs, appropriate fitting blouses, long- or short-sleeved, or turtlenecks. A small logo is permitted.
Sleeveless shirts or blouses, tank tops, muscle shirts, flared or bell sleeves, shirts or blouses with lace or zippers, see-through or sheer shirts, and pajama tops are not permitted.
- Shirts must fit properly; they may not be too tight or loose, and buttons should not pull or gap.
- T-shirts may be worn only as undershirts and must be tucked into pants. Layered looks are not permitted.
- Students may wear sweaters over collared shirts. Sweaters may have small logos.
- Students may not wear ponchos, hooded sweatshirts, or jackets during school hours. Only solid-colored sweatshirts may be worn. Sweatshirts must be worn over collared shirts.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Students must wear solid navy, black, brown, gray, or tan pants.
- Pants must fit appropriately and may not be too tight or too loose. Pants must fit at the waist and may not be worn below the waist. The bottoms of pants may not drag on the ground.
- Jeans of any color, sweatpants, nylon or wind-breaker pants, zip-offs, drawstring pants, low-riders, and hip huggers are not permitted.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be navy, black, brown, or tan.
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts should fit at the waist and may be no shorter than two inches above the knees. This rule applies to slits in skirts.
- It is recommended that girls wear shorts underneath skirts, especially for recess time.
- Shoes with wheels are not permitted.
- Slippers and flip-flops are not permitted.
- Leggings and any other tight fitting pants worn alone will not be permitted. Leggings worn under an appropriate length skirt (no shorter than 2" above the knee) will be permitted.
Dress Code Flyer 7.2013