To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a uniform dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Grades K–5: Uniform shirts must be hunter green, cotton polo shirts (long- or short-sleeved) with collars. Shirts will be labeled with the school emblem.
- Grade 6: Uniform shirts must be yellow, cotton oxford shirts (long- or short-sleeved). Shirts will be labeled with the school emblem. Hunter green sweaters, vests and cardigans may also be worn.
- In addition to the Grade 6 uniform, a tie will be included in the uniform for Grade 7–8 students.
- In addition to the Grade 7 uniform, a blazer will be included in the uniform for Grade 8 students.
- Shoes must be worn every day. Shoes must be brown or black (loafer type or casual dress).
- On days that students have P.E., the school gym uniform and sneakers may be worn.
- Cold weather attire may include solid hunter green sweaters or vests.
- Hoodies are not permitted.
- Hats or bandanas of any kind are not permitted.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Pants must be khaki in color, and belts must be worn with trousers that have belt loops. Shirts must stay tucked in pants.
- Shorts are not permitted.
- Socks must be forest green, tan, brown, or black.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Girls must wear khaki pants, skirts, or jumpers. Skirts and jumpers must be longer than the fingers when arms hang at the student’s side, or no more than three inches above the knees.
- Socks/tights must be forest green, tan, brown, or black.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.