To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Click on the document below to view the 2013-14 uniform poicy:
- Tops must be short or long-sleeve oxford shirts with the Atlanta Heights Charter School (AHCS) Crest purchased through an online store at www.atlantaheightsuniforms.com or by calling 404-924-1162.
- Bottoms must be navy blue and purchased through an online store at www.atlantaheightsuniforms.com or by calling 404-924-1162. Navy blue pants or knee length shorts are acceptable for boys while a navy blue skirt, jumper, skort or pants are acceptable for girls.
- Middle school students also have the option to wear an AHCS tie with the white shirt. Ties are to be purchased through the online store at www.atlantaheightsuniforms.com or by calling 404-924-1162. Boys have the option of a traditional style or a bow tie. The girl’s tie is available in a cross tie style only.
- Physical Education (PE) attire is either a solid black T-shirt with solid black gym shorts or sweat pants or a plain gray T-shirt with solid gray gym shorts or sweat pants. Tops and bottoms must be solid colored with no stripes or designs. Shoes must be sneaker/gym shoes in solid black with non-marking soles and are to be worn with black or grey socks.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or sweater vests that are solid navy. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.) and may not have hoods.
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A solid black or navy blue belt must be worn with all pants and shorts. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
- All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles. Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, or flip flops are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or in the playgrounds.
- Extreme makeup.
- White oxford shirt, short or long-sleeve, with AHCS crest
- Navy blue pants or knee length shorts
- Black dress shoes with dark blue or black socks
- Middle School Only – AHCS plaid traditional or bow tie is an option to wear with white shirt.
- White oxford shirt, short or long-sleeve with AHCS crest
- Navy blue pants, knee-length skirt, jumper, or skort
- Black or blue shoes
- Dark blue or black socks are to be worn with pants; white stockings must be worn with skirt, jumper or skort.
- Middle School Only – AHCS plaid cross tie is an option to wear with white shirt.
Staff members and the administration will determine if clothing is appropriate and follows guidelines. Parents will be contacted when a student is dressed inappropriately. Appropriate clothing must be brought to school, or the student will be sent home.